Thursday, January 10, 2013

Color Club ~ Glitter Wonderland with extra bling


Color Club ~ Glitter Wonderland
Purple with pink and blue shimmer

Glitter Wonderland is from Color Club’s holiday collection 2012, called Winter affair! It’s a series of six polishes; I bought three of them, and this is the second one I’ve tried on. (I’m saving the best one till last!)

Glitter Wonderland is a beautiful royal purple packed with shimmer. It’s weird that Color Club calls it a glitter, because it’s definitely not! But never mind – there are ways to get around that, wait and see.

I started out with two coats. The formula was different to my other Color Clubs. Drying time was fast – and I had to dip the brush twice in the bottle for each nail. I don’t like that. I prefer being able to get enough polish on in one go. But hey – it ended up looking gorgeous, so it’s a minor thing.

Here’s what two coats look like, without top coat:


I was in the mood for something really shimmery, so I applied a layer of Models Own’s “Jack Frost”, which is a iridescent glitter topper from their Wonderland collection from winter 2012. It flashes blue and green in the bottle, and over this purple it mostly flashes blue. It suits the purple perfectly in my opinion. But you don’t have to take my word for it. Take a look for yourself:

 
Gorgeous, isn’t it?!

Then I added some more bling. I made three large dots on each nail with Barielle’s Starchild, which is a clear base with holo glitter. I topped it with a layer of Seche Vite top coat:



The holo dots looks quite interesting up close. It looks like little piles of glitter on the nail – I quite like that:


And here’s a bottle shot for you:

This mani ended up much more blingy than I intended to begin with, but since I was a peacock in a previous life, I don’t mind at all!

What do you think? Is this a good glitter combo??


Opacity: 8/10
Colour, prettiness: 9/10
Durability: 9/10
Value for money: 8/10
Overall: 8.5/10
Buy again: Yes

19 comments:

  1. Wow the purple and the Jack Frost topper are amazing together :). Great mani xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are surprisingly good together, I really like them too!

      Delete
  2. You can never have too much bling! Those are all lovely colours! I especially like the purple and I can only imagine how Starchild sould look on its own :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree, bling is just the best :)
      And thank you. I haven't tried Starchild on its own. Yet ;)

      Delete
  3. Winter affair is so going on my wish list and I love it with Jack Frost on it too. It looks fun and great :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glitter Wonderland FROM the Winter affair LOL

      Delete
    2. I gotcha! :D
      Jack Frost is a perfect polish if you like layering, and Glitter Wonderland is just wow :)

      Delete
  4. The base color is yummy!!
    And i really like the Jack frost.
    The dots are a little to much for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, I love all my glitters :) But you probably already know that ;)

      Delete
  5. So you were a peacock in your previous life? I was an ancient Egyptian and a chinese medicine man in two past lives.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty! Jack Frost's blue shimmers over the royal purple is a stunning combination! :-)

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is, isn't it. I was so pleased after having applied it :)

      Delete
  7. The color is amazing by itself but in the second picture Wow :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW! Thats a very pretty mani :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is beautiful! I like the finished look with the glitter dots on top!

    ReplyDelete