Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Rimmel ~ Urban Purple and L. A. Splash ~ Cupid


Rimmel ~ Urban Purple  
Deep berry/burgundy crème

with

L. A. Splash ~ Cupid 
Clear base with pink microglitter and pink hearts

I like Rimmel’s polishes as base colours. The ones I’ve got are all pretty pigmented and cover well. Urban Purple is no exception. I don’t know why they call it purple, ‘cause it’s definitely not. It’s a deep berry, which is just as pretty on the nails as in the bottle. It almost covers in one coat. I gave it two anyway, because I only wanted to add the sparse glitter on top of it.

Here’s what two coats and no top coat looks like:



 Isn’t that just the perfect base for something else? :)

I used my white Claire’s striper and made to random parallel lines on each nail. I didn’t try to make them look the same, and this is what it ended up looking like:



Then I added the glitter. It’s the first time I try this L. A. Splash glitter with hearts, and I could tell that I had to go fishing for the hearts just by looking at the bottle. And that’s exactly what I had to do. I fished one heart up for each nail and dabbed it around until it fitted the pattern with the lines.

The polish is fairly thick, but manageable. I’m not quite sure it’s a keeper yet though. Perhaps it’ll end in my swap stash, who knows!

After the glitter had dried, I applied a generous coat of Poshé top coat, and I was done. Here’s the final mani:


And from another angle:


  I’m not quite sure about this. I think that what saves it for me is the lines underneath the glitter. Without them I think the mani would have been a bit boring. But what do you think, girls?

8 comments:

  1. I agree, the lines makes it all come nicely together, also the way you placed the hearts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot :) I've decided that this polish needs a new home :)

      Delete
  2. I love the final result, this mani looks so girly and cute! If there were no stripes it would be missing something :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree. I think it'd be boring without the stripes :)

      Delete
  3. Glitter certainly makes things pop. Love the heart shaped glitters.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty! I think it would be a fun mani for Valentine's Day. :-)

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good point - I will remember that till next month! :)

      Delete