Saturday, February 23, 2013

Divage Chic and Ja-De - From Russia



Divage Chic ~ 1714  
Deep burgundy crème
Ja-De ~ 355 Celestial  
Iridescent glitter in a pink base

Today I’m going to show you two polishes I received in my first swap with sweet Anastasia from Little World of Coloured Nails. They’ve been sitting in my box of untrieds for too long already – so now it’s time for them to shine!

I started out with two coats of Divage Chic 1714, which is a rich and very delicious burgundy. The formula was great and very easy to work with, and the drying time was fast. I like that a lot in a polish.

Two coats, no top coat:


It leans a bit towards brown, so I decided to spice it up with a bit of iridescent glitter. I used Ja-De 355 Celestial, which is also from Russia (with love, obviously :D). The glitter applies easily; no need to dab the brush around to spread it. The drying time was a bit slower than the Divage, but still on the normal side. I only applied one coat of the glitter:


Here’s a shot from a different angle to show you all the colours this glitter flashes:


I enjoyed the look of this for a little while, as I trying to figure out what to do with it. I ended up with stamping, because I have got a lot of stamping plates from Gals that I haven’t tried yet. I settled for GA30 from the Fairy set, and I used a white no name stamping polish. And I sealed the whole thing up with my faithful Poshé top coat.


This design is much more tribal than it looked on the actual stamping plate, but I like it. I also like that the design is only on half the nail.


Here are my pretties:


So, the burgundy crème is another win from Divage, and this time with the bonus of drying super fast. The Ja-De is indispensable for all glitter lovers, it can spice up any manicure in a rush. So a double Russian win today, don’t you think?

14 comments:

  1. Well the burgundy is not really my kind of color. Just a little to dark. But with the glitter and stamping added it looks awesome :)
    The white stamp really pops :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is very dark, so I totally understand you. I love it with glitter, and will also try it with other sorts of effect polishes :)

      Delete
  2. I like this mani at all! stamping looks extremely great. and so I couldn't imagine that this glitter became so dense! I'm glad that you like this pretties :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love all my Russian pretties! :)
      And I was also a bit surprised over the density, it doesn't look that dense in the bottle, but I'm happy it is! :)

      Delete
  3. that combo is gorgeous! and i love the stamping! very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those one's are really pretty. Love the stamping.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I was very pleased with the stamping myself :)

      Delete
  5. I really like it with the iridescent glitters on top and the stamping you added! :-)

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, I'm really glad I decided to go for both :)

      Delete
  6. WOW, that Divage is gorgeous - lovely mani!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. That polish surprised me positively for sure :)

      Delete
  7. I have never heard of either of these brands but that Divage is gorgeous!! I love what you did with it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! The brands were new to me too, until I met Anastasia :)

      Delete