Monday, March 18, 2013

Miss Sporty ~ 030 - with Fingerpaints effect


Miss Sporty ~ 030
Duochrome that shifts between purple and blue

- with a couple of Finger Paints on top

This is an example of how a mani can change direction completely!

I started out with two coats of Miss Sporty #030. It looks like a fantastic duochrome in the bottle, and I thought it would look like that on its own. But it didn’t. It is one of those polishes that only reaches its full potential when layered over black or another dark colour. I didn’t know that though, so here’s a picture of two coats on its own:



I was totally “meh” about this. I was not in the mood to remove it all and start all over again though, so I dived into my stash and found two Finger Paint polishes, namely “Vintage Violet”, which is a lovely purple, and “Art you Wondering?”, which is a fine green glitter.

I used my fan brush to add the two polishes. I painted diagonally across my nails with my fan brush; first with the purple, then with the glitter – I did that twice.

The look didn’t get as striped as I had wish for, but I must admit that I like it anyway! :D

I sealed the mani with a layer of Catrice Speed Dry topcoat, and here’s what it ended up looking like:


And another shot:


The polishes involved:


There was quite a lot of clean up after having worked with the fan brush, and the glitter wasn’t really easy to remove around the cuticles. I am still not really good at cleaning up after manis like that; I hope to improve over time!

I think the green glitter compliments the purple quite nicely, and it definitely adds to the duochromatic effect! What do you think about this, girls? :)

6 comments:

  1. This is a gorgeous mix of polishes! So pretty! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It turned out better than I had hoped for :)

      Delete
  2. I love the final result! Yes you're right, the green and purple look great together! :-)

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's funny, because before this nail polish addiction I would never have guessed that those two look good together :)

      Delete