Thursday, June 13, 2013

Kiko ~ 400 Grey holo


Kiko ~ 400 Grey holo
Charcoal linear holo

This grey holo has been sitting in my stash of untrieds for a while, waiting for the sun to shine – and today is the day that it moves from the untrieds and into the Helmer!

The formula is great! I had a slight problem with dragging – but I used my regular base coat, so perhaps this polish just likes an Aqua base coat instead. I was being very careful with layer number two, using the lightest touch possible, and that minimized the problem quite a big deal! Drying time was fine, and the polish dried up to a semi matte finish, which I liked a lot.

Two coats, no topcoat:



This isn’t the craziest holo I’ve ever tried, but I must say that I really like it! 

The pictures here are taken in direct sunlight (evening sun). I love that this is dark grey instead of black!



Last picture alone, just to show of some really pretty rainbows:


I went for some really simple nail art: stripes! I used a striper from NYX nail art called “Deep Red”, which is exactly what it is. I made three stripes on each nail – a long stripe, a medium length one and a short one. I liked the way it turned out. I was in a hurry with the pictures, because the sun was about to go down, so there is no topcoat on these pictures:


Isn’t this pretty cool?


I have to say again that I’m so happy that the sun finally shines so I can enjoy the holo on my nails. What about you? Have you pulled your holos out yet? :)


Opacity: 8/10
Colour, prettiness: 8/10
Durability: 8/10
Value for money: 8/10
Overall: 8/10
Buy again: Probably

10 comments:

  1. It's a very pretty holo in the sun - haven't tried mine yet, need to soon - all those pretties waiting :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to see the nail art you would make on this polish :)

      Delete
  2. Amazing holo! I love it both on its own and with the stripes :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I am very pleased with this, simple as it is :)

      Delete
  3. That's a beautiful holo! I think the gray base colors really makes all those rainbow colors stand out. :)

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I must admit that I think so too :)

      Delete