Monday, August 12, 2013

Foxy Paws ~ Purple Rain and Spit Spot


Foxy Paws ~ Purple Rain and Spit Spot
Purple linear holo and
Clear base with round glitters in black, turquoise, lavender, pink, fuchsia and holo silver.

Foxy Paws is a Danish indie brand. Purple Rain is part of the 80's Collection and Spit Spot is part of the Mary Poppins Collection. 

I started out with the purple holo. The formula is good, and the polish applies easily. It dries pretty fast too, but it does require three coats to reach desired opacity. It was amazing how big a difference the third coat made! The sun wanted to play with this polish – hooray!

Here it is in the sunshine. Three coats, no topcoat:


I love those rainbows!


Here’s what the polish looks like in the shade. The purple looks dusty and with a hint of grey.


I’ve said it before: I need my polishes to look great both in and out of the sunshine, so I decided to add glitter. I applied a coat of Spit Spot. At first I was sure that this wasn’t a keeper: The first layer I applied contained no less than five big pink glitters that ended up in a lump on my little finger! Yikes. And I couldn’t pull them off again with the brush, so I had to use a toothpick to get three of them off :D 
But practice makes perfect, so I was careful when I fished for the glitter: Not too much but just enough. After it was dry I applied a thick layer of Poshé topcoat to even out the small bumps the glitter left. And this is what the final mani ended up looking like in the sunshine:


The holo effect is dulled quite a lot, but I’m not surprised. One layer of suspension base with glitter and a thick layer of topcoat does tend to have that effect on holos.


The holo is still visible, and now I also like it out of the sunshine. 
Speaking of which: Here’s a picture taken in the shade:


Here are the two sexy Foxy Paws:

  
I’m glad I paired these two polishes and very glad that I ended up buying Spit Spot after all. I’m usually not a huge fan of great big glitters, but these actually work nicely for me.
 

Foxy Paws ~ Purple Rain
Opacity: 5/10
Colour, prettiness: 7/10
Durability: 8/10
Value for money: 8/10
Overall: 7/10
Buy again: Yes

Foxy Paws ~ Spit Spot
Opacity: -/10
Colour, prettiness: 7/10
Durability: 8/10
Value for money: 8/10
Overall: 7.5/10
Buy again: Yes

4 comments:

  1. I like purples to be much more bright/less dusty, but I love the final mani, that glitter is very fun :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like less dusty as well, but you already knew that :) The glitter is way more fun than I thought it would be :D

      Delete
  2. great combo! I like Purple rain, it looks completely amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad to hear that! Perhaps you can inherit the Purple Rain ;)

      Delete