Friday, September 20, 2013

Linda Johansen ~ Slow Fox


Linda Johansen ~ Slow Fox
Denim blue crème with a hint of dusty grey

Linda Johansen is a Norwegian polish brand-

The formula is no less than great. The polish applies easily and dries with a very nice shine. It took two easy coats to reach full opacity, and the drying time between coats was really good too. Exactly how I like it! I must admit that to start with I was a bit sceptical about the dusty tone that this polish has, but goshdarn, I must admit that I like this polish, and the way it looks on me!

Let me show you what I’m talking about! Two coats, no topcoat – and please note the shine!


This second picture shows more of the dusty side of the polish. I’m so lucky that I can wear whatever polish I want at work. But if “classical” was required I’d go for this, because it’s still got an edge even though it can be used as a formal work appropriate polish!


Don’t you think that the polish suits me? I’m impressed myself!


The pictures are all taken in the sunshine (an increasingly valuable commodity at this time of year).

  
I didn’t wear it like this, you must know that already. I dug up another bottle which I also got from Norway Nails for a review, namely Lynnderella’s “Aquamarine Calm”. I’ve already shown you that glitter – take a look here if you’ve forgotten. It’s a mix of various sizes and shapes of blue glitter. I made a glitter gradient by sponging the glitter on and sealed the whole thing up with a layer of Poshé topcoat. Now allow me to show you the final result:


The pictures are taken in full sun, so some of the glitters look as if they’re black. They’re not - it is their very positive reflective qualities that make them appear like that.


This may be the most colour correct picture. I absolutely think this works!


One last shot, just because I’m impressed myself, haha!


That was another Linda Johansen polish for you. I know I am impressed, and that says a lot when we’re talking about a crème polish! This has the potential to be used as a base for lots of very cool nail art!

What say you? :)


Opacity: 8/10
Colour, prettiness: 7/10
Durability: 10/10
Value for money: 8/10
Overall: 8/10
Buy again: Yes

You can find more info about Linda Johansen on NorwayNail’s Facebook page, link here.

Norway Nails have got a special discount of 15% off Linda Johansen polishes at the moment. Use the code ballroom at checkout to get the discount.

12 comments:

  1. I just fell off my chair - you publicly admit to like a cream ;)
    I agree, it looks great on you, and the glitter addition makes it even more beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did you mark the day in the calendar with a huge X? ;) Hahaha, I must admit that I was surprised myself! :D

      Delete
  2. Very pretty! And it looks even prettier with the glitter. Perfect combo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I loved it even more with the glitter too!

      Delete
  3. The blue shade is so pretty, it really suits you, and I love the extra sparkle you added with the glitter. Lucky you being able to wear whatever colours you like for work :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! :) And yes, I guess I can consider myself lucky for being able to wear as loud manis as I want to :)

      Delete
  4. !This is such a pretty color! I love the glitter you added too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. I'm happy that I thought of pairing these two up :)

      Delete
  5. What pretty mani. I love the color :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it with glitter! <3

    ReplyDelete