Wednesday, October 23, 2013

New York haul, part II

I went to New York on holidays last week, and here are some of the polishes I brought home. For the first part of the haul, click here

  Let's take a look at the polishes, shall we?

First ones up are Essies; Penny Talk and Toggle to the Top. Penny talk is bought with stamping in mind, that collection of Mirror Metallics stamps so well! The other one reminds me of Leading Lady, just darker and with more glitter! I'll make a comparison post at some point for sure!


Essie Penny Talk and Toggle to the Top

Then there's Q R S polishes. I've never heard about that brand before, but thought I would try a couple ones out. The left one is a holo glitter, the right one is neon in real life. 



Q R S: Glittering Rainbow and Snapdrag

Nicole By OPI isn't that easy a brand to get your paws on here, so I bought three from the Gumdrop collection.

Nicole by OPI Gumdrops: That's What I Mint, My Cherry Amour, Blue-Berry Sweet on You

I also went to Forever 21, and bought these three Love & Beauty-polishes. I wasn't impressed by any other colours than these. In fact: I did find the selection a bit boring!

Love & Beauty: Purple Silver. Love & Beauty Sand lacquers: Purple Silver and Blue Jewel

I didn't find many Color Clubs, and that made me wonder where the US girls find them. The only Color Club I bought was this effect polish. The other two are Sally Hansen X-treme wear polishes. I have a lot of red glitters like that one - it's my kryptonite - I have to have them all...


Color Club: Pearl-spective, Sally Hansen: Green Rocket and Red Carpet

I love Sally Hansen Insta-Dri! I acidentally bought the blue one twice, I must really like it ;) It's the first time that ever happens that I buy duplets by mistake!

Sally Hansen Insta-Dri: Pink Fast, S-Pear Time, Current Trend, Quick Jeanious

Here are three polishes from OPI's Mariah Carey holiday collection from 2013. Some of you know that I am not a huge OPI fan, but I actually felt these three speaking to me ;)


OPI: In My Santa Suit, It's Frosty Outside, Kiss me at Midnight

Icing! I love Icing's polishes. I chose six - these three: A glitter, a shimmer and a textured polish.

Icing: Frost Yourself, Teal for Real, Tini Bikini
And apparantly Icing changes their bottles now. I bought these three blue ones in new bottles: Two denim effects and a splatter glitter. I'm looking forward to trying them on :)



Icing: Jean'ie in a Bottle, Daisy Duke, Galaxy

That was the last part of my New York haul. 58 polishes came with me home, and I love them all. Do you have any favourites that speak to you?

12 comments:

  1. Wow, you picked up some gorgeous shades! I've been really into textures recently, so I'm totally approving of your NOPI Gumdrops and the new OPI MC liquid sands. :-)

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I'm really looking forward to trying the Icing texture on too! That looks spectacular! :)

      Delete
  2. Q R S Snapdrag <3 and so many other beauties :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I want you to see that one in real life. You'll swoon for sure :)

      Delete
  3. Oh, you picekd the nice ones... I'm curious about OPIs... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) Me too about the OPIs. They look sooo pretty :)

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thank you :) It's 57 different ones and a backup bottle. I can't wait to try them all on!

      Delete
  5. Amazing haul! And I'm jealous you got to go to New York :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been wanting to go to New York for so many years, that at some point I thought that it was never going to happen :D

      Delete
  6. I'd say they all speak to me ;D. Awesome haul!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Uh wow, that's a lot of talking! :D Thank you :)

      Delete