Wednesday, November 20, 2013

L. A. Girls 3D Effect ~ Purple Effect



L. A. Girls 3D Effect ~ Purple Effect
Purple jelly base with holographic glitter

Here’s another one of my L. A. Girls three dimensional effect polishes, the purple one this time.

The formula is great, and here I have applied two coats. When I look at the pics I can see that I should have applied three, but hey, shit happens, doesn’t it :) I had no sunshine available, so all my pictures in this post are taken indoors, and with flash.

So here’s two coats, no topcoat:


See how the holographic glitters lightens up like from within?


I should have waited for some sunshine, but seriously, I needed to try this on. All my holo polishes can’t just be put away for months and months now!


But I’ll definitely wear this again when the sun has returned ;)

I made a dotticure out of it. I made three dots on each nail with Urban Outfitters’ “Silver holo” - an appropriate name, because that’s exactly what it is. And then I added another dot with Misslyn #78 “Dazzling Water”, which is a seagreen texture.

I covered the whole thing up with a thick layer of topcoat before I called it a day and decided my mani was done. Here’s the final result:


I quite like that. Simple and yet eyecatching. You should know by now that that’s the way I like it!


Here’s one last shot, just because I feel like it!


These 3D effect polishes by L. A. Girls are quite similar in formula and coverage. This purple one is the first where I’ve thought that two coats might not be enough – all the rest have looked fine with just two coats. All in all it’s a great series of polishes at a good price. If you’re into glitter and holo effect I can definitely recommend them! Thumbs up for sure!


Opacity: 6/10
Colour, prettiness: 7/10
Durability: 7/10
Value for money: 9/10
Overall: 7.5/10
Buy again: Yes

13 comments:

  1. Of the 3D effects you have shown so far this wow'ed me the least, maybe it wasthe lack of sunshine...
    But it's still very pretty, with and without he dots :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like this a lot - I was surprised about the need of an extra layer for the photos. It worked for me with the dots though :)

      Delete
  2. cool violet holo glitter! it looks very interesting with dots :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, it's nice that I'm not the only one liking it :)

      Delete
  3. That's a really cute mani! The purple and blue is a great combo! :)

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete
  4. This 3D polish is awesome! Love the glitter and the color!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not totally impressed by this color, but maybe sunshine might save that ;)
    I like the design though :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This will hibernate until spring, then we'll see what sunshine does for this baby :D

      Delete
  6. Very beautiful nail polish!

    ReplyDelete