Sunday, February 9, 2014

Darling Diva ~ Purple Rain


Darling Diva ~ Purple Rain
Holographic purple with blue shimmer

Darling Diva! Isn’t that just a fabulous name for a polish brand? I love the name, and I really like the polishes too! And there’s one thing I’ve noticed that Darling Diva is particularly good at; and that’s making purples!

Purple Rain is from the Prince collection. I’m not a huge Prince fan, but I am a big fan of purple, and holographic purples in particular.

So – application was easy. I used my regular base coat, and didn’t experience any problems with dragging, like some holos tend to give. The pigmentation was good too. I applied two coats and was satisfied. I did consider applying a third coat, but held myself back and stayed with the two coats I already had. The drying time was on the fast side, an attribute which I love!

Let me show you what two coats and no topcoat looks like. The picture is taken with flash:


Allow me to now show you why this polish is really a winner:


See that? It’s flashing small rainbows and is still pretty even without a flash on it!


I decided to bling it up a bit. Unusual for me, I know. I dabbed some glitter on the top of my nails, a reverse glitter gradient. I used Crowstoes “Cheshire”, which is a lovely purple glitter with golden hexagons. I was careful not to get any of the golden glitters on my nails, because what I wanted was the purple glitter. When I’d made my gradient, I applied one layer of Poshé topcoat, and here’s the final mani. The first picture is taken with flash:


The topcoat dulls the holo effect somewhat, but never mind.
Look at how pretty it is away from the flash:


On this last picture you can see that one golden glitter escaped my eye – it’s on the thumb! :D


I don’t know what else to say but this: I’m a Darling Diva fan! Are you?


Opacity: 7/10
Colour, prettiness: 9/10
Durability: 7/10
Value for money: 9/10
Overall: 8/10
Buy again: Yes

6 comments:

  1. What cute mani, and the glitter nail polish looks so pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this layering - and the name of both polishes involved LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. these are pretty together <3 and purple sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it with glitter! :)

    ReplyDelete