Saturday, February 1, 2014

KBShimmer ~ Teal another Tail



KBShimmer ~ Teal another Tail
Dusty teal green with a strong pink shimmer

It can’t come as a surprise to anyone that I love shimmers! And especially polishes that flash shimmers in surprising colours. Teal another Tail is such a polish. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a green with pink shimmer before.

The formula is good, and the polish almost covered after the first coat. The second coat enhanced the colour a lot though, so I wouldn’t call this a one coater. Drying time is a bit faster than average. I applied a layer of Poshé topcoat before I took my pictures.

Two coats, one layer of topcoat:


That pink shimmer is just amazing! I wouldn’t have fallen for this colour green on its own, but with the pink it’s just spectacular.


And the shimmer isn’t shy!


I decided to use this as a base for some ocean inspired stamping nail art.
I used two stamping plates from Moyou London.
Sailor Collection-07, swirls for the background on my pinkie and my index finger:


Sailor Collection-01 for the seahorse, the octopussy, the mermaid and the bubbles.

  
I stamped the swirly background with Barry M’s “Racing Green”. I used Wet n Wild’s “Black Crème” for all the other motifs. I sealed the whole thing up with Poshé topcoat, and then my mani was done.


I don’t know if you can see it, but on my pinkie and my pointer, there’s a green motif underneath the black bubbles. The mermaid and the bubbles on my thumb is the result of double stamping, which I try to practice at the moment.


I really like the shimmer in this polish, it does it all for me. The stamping plates from Moyou London are fantastic. I love the designs and how they stamp! The XL plates are almost too big for my fingernails, that’s how big they are.

So, would you also have chosen a oceanic theme for this polish, or what would you have picked?


Opacity: 8/10
Colour, prettiness: 8/10
Durability: 8/10
Value for money: 7/10
Overall: 7.75/10
Buy again: Yes

8 comments:

  1. That pink shimmer is really pretty, it makes it so unique!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's spectacular. It's amazing how much shimmer you can pack into one bottle :D

      Delete
  2. oh that shimmer! its stunning! i really like the plates too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great teal shade, that glitter makes it extremely interesting! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree. I like the mix of finishes in this :)

      Delete
  4. So gorgeous and the sea theme is very fitting ;)

    ReplyDelete