Saturday, March 1, 2014

Girly Bits ~ D!ck in a Box



Girly Bits ~ D!ck in a Box
Charcoal grey with scattered holo effect

D!ck in a Box is part of the Fall 2013 Collection, and is inspired by the TV show Saturday Night Live.

I don’t have many greys in my collection, but I knew I wanted to own this one. It’s more than just grey, you see. The scattered holo makes it pop various colours: I see at least pink, green, blue and red in there, but I might be hallucinating.

The formula is fantastic. I want to write that it’s delicious! It’s just pure perfection poured into a bottle, no less. It was a dream to apply! It was almost opaque after the first coat, but the second coat erased all doubts. Drying time is fast. I didn’t apply topcoat.

Here’s a pic of two coats and no topcoat. The pic is taken with flash:


Can you see all the colours I talked about?


I am so happy I decided to buy this, I love it!


I want to show you a picture taken without flash as well. The grey gets more muted, but I honestly still like it.


I did some simple dots on it. I used the white that was closest to me at that moment, which happened to be OPI’s Alpine Snow, and I dotted both large and small dots on the bottom half of my nails. I didn’t apply topcoat, and here’s my final mani:


Oh, I just love dots! So simple and yet so effective!


The final picture is taken without flash. Do you think it still works?



Number of coats: 2
Drying time: Fast
Durability: Good
Removal: No worries in that department
Overall impression: Fantastic quality, amazing grey, I love the scattered holo!
Buy again: Yes

4 comments:

  1. My friend has a grey polish - and she love it - what IS going on this morning LOL
    Well I kind of see why - and the white dots is an interesting match!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's a special day indeed. Perhaps it's the holo that does the trick for me ;)

      Delete
  2. HEHEHE I'd totally buy this just for the name!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a feeling that you'd feel that way! HAHA!!

      Delete