Monday, April 14, 2014

Musical Mani Monday, week 9: Adele ~ Set Fire to the Rain

We are moving on fast through this series of Musical Mani Mondays. I can’t believe that this is challenge number 9 already.

Set fire to the rain – that’s a challenge. Fire and water don’t usually go very well together, and they definitely aren’t the same colours either.

I am so lucky that I actually own a polish called Set Fire to the Rain. It’s a lovely blue holo and it’s from Too Fancy Lacquer. I used that as my base for this nail art:


Fire and rain – I must admit that I really like this!


I used three different Sally Hansen Insta-Dris for the flames: A deep red called Quick Brick, An orange called Orange Impulse and a yellow called “Lightening”. I made the effect with a dotting tool.


It’s only the third time I try this effect. The first two times were in my last Music Challenge, and they were both in interpretations of Deep Purple’s Smoke on the water. You can see my attempts here and here. Just please know that those posts are a year and a half old, and I trust that I’ve become better at both applying polish and taking pics since then, haha!


I want to show you the base colour on its own as well. It’s a one coater, but I applied two coats out of habit. The second coat didn’t make any difference though.


Is that beautiful or what? I think it may be the perfect blue!


Here are the four polishes I used:


I must admit that I really like how this turned out. I love it when I get impressed with myself :D



That was the nineth challenge in my Music Mani Monday. Stay tuned next week to see how I interpret The Morning with the Danish group WhoMadeWho.


I can’t wait to see what the other girls made on their nails!


14 comments:

  1. Hi Dear, your nails look good :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Set Fire to the Rain - it's such a beautiful blue polish - and absolutely perfect for this challenge/song :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Too Fancy makes some really great blue holos! :)

      Delete
  3. Wonderful polish and great nail art!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the voice of Adele and your mani is a perfect match for this song!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That makes me so happy ro hear, thank you very much :)

      Delete
  5. This looks great! That blue holo is gorgeous. I happen to love Adele and this song and this mani is perfect for it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My mission is accomplished then, thank you!! :)

      Delete
  6. This is a gorgeous blue! <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great idea! And what a lovely blue polish :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) it did take a while to nail this challenge :D

      Delete