Thursday, May 8, 2014

Celestial ~ Men of Mayhem



Celestial ~ Men of Mayhem
Deep red/pink linear holo

Celestial is a brand that is new to me, but when I saw swatches of Men of Mayhem I just knew I had to buy it and see if it is just as pretty in real life as it is on the swatches. You know the way swatches sometimes get to look better than the polishes are in real life. Stay tuned and see how it went!

The formula seemed a bit thin at the start, but I had no problems with application at all, so that may have been an optical illusion or something. And the pigmentation is great – it was practically opaque after the first coat. A second layer made it look just perfect, and the drying time between the coats was really good. These words all add up to big ticks in all the important boxes.

So girls - hold onto your hats and put on your sunglasses, because here’s two coats of Men of Mayhem alone, taken with flash:


Wow. Just wow! I’m totally stunned – and this is *exactly* what it looks like in real life too!


Here’s a lightbox picture. The colour turn into a dark raspberry/berry – and the rainbows are still there!


I had a rather special occasion at work, so I wanted to stamp on it without covering up the polish too much. So I chose a star design on the XL stamping plate “H” and I stamped with Essie’s Nothing Else Metals. I topped it with a layer of Ellagee’s topcoat Glass, and here’s a picture taken with flash:


The flash seemed to dull the holo a little bit, but it didn’t matter that much since the effect was pretty strong to begin with.
Here’s the lightbox picture:


Holo mother of god! Men of Mayhem is just as pretty as all the swatches I’ve seen, if not even prettier. I need to check out to see if there are any more Celestials that I can’t live without! If you know any, please don’t hesitate to recommend some in the comments below.



Number of coats: 2
Drying time: Fast
Durability: Good
Finish: Strong linear holo, amazing!
Overall impression: I’ve only got positive words about this polish. There’s not a bad thing to say about it in my opinion. Love the colour, love the finish, love the effect!
Buy again: Oh Yes!

I bought Men of Mayhem from Edgy Polish
You can find more info on Edgy Polish’s Facebook page, link here.

8 comments:

  1. HA, one should think I'm copying you, Katarina sent this to me from Sweden yesterday, so mine is on it's way too LOL
    It's just too gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know you'll love it, it's an amazing polish! :)

      Delete
  2. Yes indeed, we need sunglasses, because this is a stunning holo polish, love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it too, and it's nice that I'm not the only one, thank you :)

      Delete
  3. Stunning holo and pretty stars! I think my hat had just blown away ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beautiful holo, and a great colour too. :-)

    ReplyDelete