Sunday, May 4, 2014

China Glaze ~ Strap on your Moonboots



China Glaze ~ Strap on your Moonboots
Dark blue holo

I showed you Cosmic Dust yesterday, and when that moved out of the box of untrieds, it left ‘Strap on your Moonboots’ as the only one from the Hololglam collection left in the box. It didn’t like that to be honest, so I decided to wear it so it could move into the Helmer to join the rest of the family there.

The hologlams really like aqua basecoat as underwear, so that’s what I used. The formula is good, and two coats is what it takes to make it look the best. Drying time is really good.

No sunshine to help me show off the holo today (Boo! Hiss!), so we’ll have to do with flash pictures. Here’s two coats, no topcoat:


The polishes from the Hologlam collection are often put down because people like to compare them to the OMG collection. But they are completely different, and I must admit that I quite like this holo effect.


One last pic with flash:


I decided to add glittah! I used a silver/holo glitter from Alix Avien. It hasn’t got a name as such, but it’s #110. I sponged the glitter on by the base of my nails and topped the whole thing with topcoat, and here’s my final mani taken with flash:


And another one:


Here’s a low light picture. I like this polish out of the sun too.


Here are the polishes I used:


That’s my last Hologlam for you. Did you buy any from this collection?


Number of coats: 2
Drying time: Fast
Durability: It definitely needs a good topcoat to last
Finish: Linear holo, pretty, but not amazing!
Overall impression: I love this colour because it’s also pretty in low lights.
Buy again: Yes

8 comments:

  1. While I didn't get any of these, this was the only one I seriously considered buying. Love the colour and it goes great with the glitter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Seriously: This one didn't deserve to be the last one in the box of untrieds.

      Delete
  2. This one is also nice. No sun is a rubbish when you decide to wear a holo polish. I also like the addition of the glitter. Double holo-tastic! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Double holo-tastic is a great thing, so thank you VERY much!! :)

      Delete
  3. It's one of the prettier polishes from this collection!!

    ReplyDelete