Saturday, May 31, 2014

Ellagee ~ The Hottest Spot North of Havanna



Ellagee ~ The Hottest Spot North of Havanna
Aqua blue with a mix of linear holo and scattered holo

Here’s one of my latest Ellagee polishes.

Application was easy and it covered well. Two coats is what I used and the drying time between the coats was pretty good.

I was lucky to have a bit of sunshine, so here’s a picture of two coats and no topcoat taken in the sun:


I might as well say that the polish looks much darker in the sunshine than it actually did on my nails.


I ended up doing some simple stripes on it. I used a purple holographic from Darling Diva called Stand Back. I showed it to you here – it’s such a lovely polish.

Anyway, here are a bunch of stripes on The Hottest Spot North of Havanna:


And one last sunshine picture:


I am surprised at how much darker this looks in the sun than it did on the nails. Please bear that in mind if you’re planning to buy it.


Number of coats: 2
Drying time: Fast
Durability: Good
Finish: A good mix of holo effects
Overall impression: I really like this finish that works both in and out of the sun. But. The colour is not really me.
Buy again: No

6 comments:

  1. It's such a you color - but of the two I prefer Stand Back - much to your surprise, right :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Out of the two I prefer Stand Back as well. It's much more in your face holo, yay! :)

      Delete
  2. It's OK. The colour isn't really me either though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I understand that. It's nice to try "something else" once in a while though :)

      Delete
  3. It's okay but the holo effect is quite weak. I like the lines though :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Imagine this with a stronger holo - it would be SO cool :D

      Delete