Friday, May 9, 2014

Pretty Jelly ~ Dream Cloud



Pretty Jelly ~ Dream Cloud
Grey scattered holo

This is my first Pretty Jelly-polish, and I’m always eager to try out new brands.

I pulled the brush out of the bottle, and my first impression was good. The formula was nice and easy to work with, and coverage was good too. It took two coats to achieve desired opacity, and the drying time between the coats was good too. Dream Cloud doesn’t require special underwear: I just used my regular base coat and didn’t experience any problems with dragging or bald spots whatsoever. Score.

The sun hasn’t been cooperative lately, so I used my flash for these pictures, to show you the holo effect.

Two easy coats, no topcoat:


The holo is not in your face, but it gives a really cool effect.


The rainbows glow from within for sure!


Here’s a low light picture. A cool base for a bit of stripes, don’t you think? ;)


I grabbed a green striper from L A Colors’ Art Deco series and made three stripes on each nail. And here’s my final mani taken with flash:


I’ve also got a low light picture for you:


Verdict:
I really like the formula of this polish, and am already looking forward to trying the next one on. The colour is great as a base for something more, which you know I almost always do. I can’t really put my finger on anything I don’t like about this polish, so it’s a polished thumbs up from me!



Number of coats: 2
Drying time: Good
Finish: Scattered holo
Overall impression: Good quality, easy to apply, great drying time – score!   
Buy again: No

8 comments:

  1. It's a bit murky for my liking, but I really like the combo with the green striper!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is murky, especially out of the light. But I don't wear my polishes alone as a rule, and it's good as a base colour :)

      Delete
  2. Ooh, what an awesome colour! Haha, I actually love how murky it is--all gunmetal grey with that hint of green, and then the holo gives it a fun contrast. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, that's funny - one doesn't like murky, the next one loves it :D

      Delete
  3. It's quite a dark holo but it looks nice - pity the sun wasn't out.

    I love the stripes it really brightens up I think :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I miss seeing the sun; it would be nice if it showed itself soon! :)

      Delete
  4. Oh, I adore this colour and the striping manicure is perfect! :-)

    ReplyDelete