Monday, July 14, 2014

Dance Legend Shining Rainbow ~ #8



Dance Legend Shining Rainbow ~ #8
Light green scattered holo

I don’t think the polishes in Dance Legend’s Shining Rainbow collection have names, only numbers. It’s not a secret that I like this collection – both because they are really cool polishes, but also because of the name: Shining Rainbow. How awesome is that!

The formula is really good and the polish glides on easily and effortlessly covering well in two coats. The drying time between the coats is average. I didn’t apply topcoat just yet.  

Here’s how pretty it is – two coats:


The scattered holo makes a really interesting effect!


I made magenta stripes on it with Catrice’s Pinkrogue from the Arts Collection, which was limited edition and therefore no longer in the shops.


As you can see I also added glitter. It’s a magenta/golden/silvery glittermix from Claire’s called Fabulous. There’s a layer of topcoat on top of it all.


Here’s a low light picture:


And the polishes I used: 



This somewhat reminds me of circus shows with tents and line dancers and pretty glittery costumes. I like it!


Number of coats: 2
Drying time: Average
Finish: Scattered holo
Overall impression: Good quality polish, nice subtle holo effect, nice easy colour.
Buy again: Yes 

17 comments:

  1. I like all nail polishes shown here. You're right about the circus :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I'm glad I am not the only one who see it :)

      Delete
  2. It looks good on you, and of course you need (maybe all in fact?) polishes from the Shining Rainbow collection ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And yes to the circus tent, it was my first thought before I read it!!

      Delete
    2. I love the fact that there's a Shining Rainbow collection, and was thrilled when I received my first in a swap from Russia :)

      Delete
  3. Gorgeous holo polish! I like it! I totally see it does look like a circus! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it just :) Yay for seeing the circus!! :)

      Delete
  4. It's certinaly reminds me of the circus!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yep It does remind me of the circus tent :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dance Legend is amazing and I like how you combined it with the other two polishes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the color combination! the stripes are really cute especially with the glitter :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, it's nice to hear that you like it too :)

      Delete
  8. Oh wow, that green is so pretty! It looks like a soft sparkly mint, one of those colors I"m always drawn to. :)

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually had a feeling that you'd like this :)

      Delete