Saturday, July 12, 2014

Gabriella Salvete Stars ~ Lila 01 & Acquamarina 06



Gabriella Salvete Stars ~ Lila 01 & Acquamarina 06
Pink/silver glitter texture and Light blue/silver glitter texture

I return to Gabriella Salvete, which is an Italian brand I bought when I was on a short trip to Slovakia.

Today I was in the mood for a gradient, because I just got OPI’s Glitter Off topcoat, and I wanted to see if that works for masking my cuticles, hoping that the clean up gets easier.

I painted a thin layer of the Glitter Off basecoat around my nails and on my cuticles – I let it dry, and then I painted on a layer of the pink polish to give it a base colour, and then I made the gradient. It went really went, I think :)

Here’s what my vertical textured and very glittery gradient looks like:


I reversed the colours on every other nail because I think it looks cool.


I made two dots on each nail with each colour – on the opposite side of the colours. It’s kind of hard to explain, so check it out:


I added topcoat to these last two pictures.



These are probably the first textures which I prefer without a topcoat. They’re so glittery that both shiny *and* glittery gets too much, if you know what I mean. I didn’t think I should ever hear myself saying that! :D



Number of coats: 2
Drying time: Fast
Durability: N/A
Finish: Glittery textures
Overall impression: I really like textures and I love them if they’re glittery as well! So yes, I love both of these.
Buy again: Yes

10 comments:

  1. Wow both of these colours are very pretty! I do like pretty textures! They look good together and the final result is so nice :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I was pretty amazed over how glittery these polishes were :)

      Delete
  2. You know I dislike textured on my nails - but OMG + OMG these are so sparkly and pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pink one is my favourite, both are sparkly :) I like sparkly sandies :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing mani! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the gradient! i haven't tried doing a gradient with texture polishes yet but I'll have to give it a try :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It actually feels a bit easier than with regular polishes but the clean up is ... argh! :D

      Delete