Sunday, August 24, 2014

Darling Diva ~ Caliente & Ms. Monster Esq.



Darling Diva ~ Caliente & Ms. Monster Esq.
The last two from my grab bag

Here are the last two polishes from the grab bag I bought.

The first one for now is Caliente, which is a clear base with red glitters, hexes, microglitters – and some pink microglitter and more that I can’t put my finger on, so to speak.

I decided to layer it over white. Two coats of OPI’s recent “Angel with a Leadfoot” from the Mustang collection, and then just one layer of Caliente. I didn’t fish for the glitter – I dipped once in the bottle for each nail, no more than that.

And I dig this over white, much more than I thought I would!

Here’s one layer over white, and one layer of Poshé topcoat:


I love the addition of multisized glitter in this!


One last shot:


Verdict:
I found out after I took this off that Caliente actually glows in the dark! Bummer that I didn’t know that before I actually took the polish off!
But all in all I really like this polish – it’s got a nice mix of red glitters in various sizes and shapes, and red is always nice!



Next one up is Ms. Monster Esq., which is a green tinted base packed with glitters: I see red, purple and green glitters, white, pale green and black hexes, white squares and… perhaps even more :D

I layered it over a dark shimmery polish from the Sally Hansen Insta-Dri-line: Jumpin’ Jade.

As always: One dip in the glitter per nail. I topped my mani with topcoat, and here’s what Ms. Monster Esq. looks like:


I did dab the glitter around a bit in order to get some of the larger bits spread out more, but it wasn’t a hassle to layer this polish.


The biggest surprise was to find out that some of the hexes are actually pale green and not just white. Score!



Verdict:
I think I’ll be using this for Christmas manis – the red, green and white reminds me of Christmas.


Darling Diva sells grab bags with 5 polishes for US$25. You can’t chose which colours you get, so every bag will be a total surprise.  

6 comments:

  1. Both are pretty, but it's cool that it is a GITD :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think so too. I will have to try it out again, now that I actually know that it's a GITD :D

      Delete
  2. Oh I really like the second one! I looks really good :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The forst combo reminds me of a Valentine's Day and the second is Christmass-y ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True! I shall remember that when the seasons come around :)

      Delete