Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Glittering Elements ~ V.I.P. #9



Glittering Elements ~ V.I.P. #9
Deep purple with holo shimmer and microflecks

Here’s a special polish for you. V.I.P. #9 was a polish that Casey included in orders placed on her birthday back in May. She says there are around 20 bottles in total, and I’m thrilled to be the owner of one of them! :)

Application was really easy and two coats is what it took to make this baby shine. Drying time between the coats is good too.

Here’s a picture taken in the sunshine – it’s just two coats, there’s no topcoat involved just yet.


I also took pictures in my lightbox.


Here’s a low light picture to show what a lovely colour this is and to try and show you the flecks.


I made vertical stripes on it with a silver holo polish from Urban Outfitters and then I sponged some glitter on from H&M’s Snow White series – “Silver Frost”. I topcoated the entire thing, and here’s my final mani taken with flash:


The flash almost makes the glitter disappear so here’s a low light picture too:


*showing off the bottom*


The pretties: 

This combines so much of what I like in a polish: Holo, glitter, flecks, purple and easy nail art. I really hope you like it too!


Number of coats: 2
Drying time: Good
Finish: holo with flecks
Overall impression: Good colour, nice effect and easy to work with. LE though!
Buy again: Yes – if it was possible

20 comments:

  1. That is soo my color! And I really like the nailart you did.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This polish would look fantastic on you! Thank you so much :)

      Delete
  2. OH wow, I'm envious of this one, you don't like it, right?? and furthermore you think I would be the perfect new owner for it, right, right, right....?????? :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha, I must compliment you for the very nice try, my friend! :D

      Delete
  3. You always show us the most interesting polish combinations. I would never dare to combine these three ones, but look you did it and you achieved a stunning manicure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so sweet, thank you so much for the kind words! <3

      Delete
  4. This shade is gorgeous! I really like how it looks in photo 2 :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the mani that you did with this awesome polish! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's so beautiful! The purple color's great and so is the holo effect. The stripes and glitters you added looks great too. :)

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much, I appreciate the kind words :)

      Delete
  7. beautiful purple holo! i really like that h&m glitter... I never saw those here but I guess I don't go to h&m that often and they probably have different stuff here in Canada anyway

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure they have different stuff in H&M Canada. I usually check out the beauty section when I'm there, because sometimes there are little gems :)

      Delete