Tuesday, August 12, 2014

OPI Peanut Collection for Autumn 2014



OPI Peanut Collection for Autumn 2014

So OPI is coming out with a Halloween collection based on the Charles Schulz comic characters from the cartoon strip Peanuts.

Here’s what the set of four polishes looks like:



The set contains of two crèmes: A yellow called "Good Grief", inspired by Charlie Brown’s yellow sweater and a black called "WHO ARE YOU CALLING BOSSY?!?", inspired by Lucy’s black hair. There are also two glitters: "Where’s my Blanket", obviously inspired by Linus, it’s a black and orange glitter, and "To Be or Not to Beagle", inspired by Snoopy himself – it’s a multicoloured mix of hexes and glitters.

It shall not be a secret that I’m not going to buy this set. I am not into crème polishes, and both the glitter mixes contain bar glitters, which I’m not a fan of either.

So what can I give you if I can’t give you swatches? I can give you my take on what a Peanuts collection should really look like!

Here’s the gang:


The first polish would be based on Sally, Charlie Brown’s little sister. The polish would be pink, like her shirt, and it would be containing a splash of two sizes matte black glitter.

The second polish would be based on Charlie Brown. It would be yellow alright, but it would be packed with silvery shimmer, so the polish would almost look like a foil.

The Third one up would be based on Linus, who Sally has a huge crush on. This polish would be red with orange flakies and holo shimmer.

Polish number six is based on Lucy, who is the girl who always pulls the ball away before Charlie Brown gets to kick it. Her polish is blue like her dress, and is extremely holographic, also in low lights. It also contains blue flecks which is slightly darker than the base colour.

As a bonus I’ve got a polish number five, Snoopy’s polish. He is the star in my book, so he obviously needs his own polish. The polish would be a holographic shimmer topper with a red to purple colour shift.


Unfortunately I am not a polish creator, so these polishes only exist in my imagination. But I wish…

So – have you got suggestions to what I should call my little collection of five Peanut polishes? Please don’t hesitate to share in the comments below.

16 comments:

  1. The last one is my favourite, the black with colourful dots :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I understand why. I prefer my own versions though ;)

      Delete
  2. I definitely would buy your polishes, they sound amazing, and one c an always dream, right ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you like the idea of them too - I had fun making them up :D

      Delete
  3. I think this is a really cute collection and I like that it's not a traditional Halloween collection.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would never have guessed that this was a Halloween collection, but untraditional is good too :)

      Delete
  4. 1) I didn't even realize this was a Halloween collection.
    2) They could have at least had SOME connection with the Halloween special It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown.
    3) Your collection sounds wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy better.
    4) OPI wouldn't like it though since it seems like all their collections need to have at least 50% of their polishes be dupes of polishes they have already made in past collections. :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha, that's hilarious! #4 is funny because it's true! :D
      And thank you! Perhaps I'll hire an indie maker to make my collection come true :D

      Delete
  5. OPI should take your ideas and apply them :))

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's so cute! I love Charlie Brown!
    ifashionandbeautyblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do too, but Snoopy has totally stolen my heart <3

      Delete
  7. These glitters look quite interesting :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm yeah... I would prefer them without the bar glitter though ;)

      Delete
  8. I love your idea for the Sally inspired polish! I might have to grab a black glitter topper to put over a pink now! ;) Personally I would make Charlie Brown's polish yellow with bar and triangle glitter to match his shirt... I'm really loving black glitter lately... I should go pick up a bottle!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think I would ever add bar glitter to a polish, unless it was that super tiny bar glitter that hardly categorizes as bar glitter :D I love the idea of triangles! :)

      Delete