Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Girly Bits ~ Man Size Love



Girly Bits ~ Man Size Love
Purple linear holo with blue microglitter

Man Size Love is from the 80s bands girls collection from summer 2014.

It’s described as periwinkle blue and all the swatches I’ve seen have been looking blue – and I might be colour blind but this definitely looks purple to me. Purple or blue – I guess it doesn’t really matter, because fact is that it’s pretty.

The formula was OK. I did have a little problem with coverage after the first coat, but the second coat covered up all the little flaws beautifully, so I’ve got no complaints. The drying time is pretty good.

Here’s what two coats and a layer of Essence Top Sealer looks like in the sunshine:

 
In the sunshine you’ll get a good feeling of the blue holo flame.


In the lightbox the blue microglitters show up and twinkle so beautifully!


I tried to stamp on it but failed twice, grrr. After the second attempt I realized that it just wasn’t going to work for me, so I grabbed a striper from Aden instead and made two diagonal stripes on each nail. Here’s my final mani in the sun:


This is a low light picture.


I dig this. The polish is gorgeous and I love the simplicity of the stripicure!


Number of coats: 2
Drying time: Good
Finish: Linear holo with added shimmer and microglitter
Overall impression: Holo, shimmer and microglitter in the same polish – I think I died and went to heaven
Buy again: Yes

14 comments:

  1. Very pretty colour! I would say it for sure leans purple though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually ordered it along with another purple and when I opened the package I was like: "Huh? Did I order two purples?" :D

      Delete
  2. I like this shade a lot. And it goes well with the stripes. On my screen it's more purple.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's really pretty - and I think a dark periwinkle is a good description...

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is very nice, I really like it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh oh oh!!! I just ordered this!!! yay!!! now I can't wait for this gorgeousness to get here!

    ReplyDelete