Monday, October 6, 2014

Magical Music Manis 6: Stereo Heart ~ Gym Class Heroes



Hi girls,

It’s time for the sixth mani in the Magical Music Mani-challenge, and I might as well reveal right away that I failed miserably with this one.

I chose Stereo Heart because I really like the song, but I must admit that it was a bit too much of a challenge to get it down onto my nails.

I found my inspiration in this still pic from the music video:


Stereo Hearts is a love song. Here’s the chorus:

My heart's a stereo
It beats for you, so listen close
Hear my thoughts in every note
Make me your radio
And turn me up when you feel low
This melody was meant for you
Just sing along to my stereo

So I started out with two coats of OPI’s Mad About You which is a baby pink crème. When that was dry I sponged red on the tips with Essence’s Glamorous Life, which is a shimmery red. Love colours, I reckoned. I topped it with a glitter; OPI’s Desperately Seeking Sequins.

And then I tried to make symbols from the radio on my nails, and this is the step where I failed terribly. I’m going to show it to you anyway – here’s my final and fail mani:


Ugh, right? The pinkie and the pointer which should represent the speakers, look like ugly and weird boobs!


I must admit that I preferred my mani before I started with the black striper!


Here are the polishes I used:

OPI: Mad About You, Essence: Glamorous Life, OPI: Desperately Seeking Sequins, Claire’s: Black striper

I promise I’ll do better next week, haha!!



Here’s the video to Stereo Hearts:



Check out the other girls who participate in this challenge. Would you like to join? Please feel free to – it’s never too late! 




16 comments:

  1. Well the colors are pretty and the concept is cool. But what this shows is that everyone has failed manis even experienced bloggers like you, so thank you for posting it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for being so sweet. I actually want to try to interpret this song again and see if I can do better :)

      Delete
  2. Boobs :D Hahaha - no, I haven't thought about boobs, but about an abstract pattern. It looks great with the gradient and I like the black patterns too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahahaha, an abstract pattern, I like that much better than the thought of having boobs on my nails! :D Thank you!!

      Delete
  3. That's a really cool interpretation!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, that's so sweet of you to say, thank you so much <3

      Delete
  4. It looks okay and I like the pinks & glitter! Can't say I know this one :-| I was doing so well with the last ones hehe ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know which kind of music you like, but I think you should listen to this song at least once - I really like it :)

      Delete
    2. Hehe I like a lot of the older stuff from the 60s, 70s and 80s. Mainly rock, 60s West Coast, funk, disco, some jazz and blues as well. And some other stuff - but mainly stuff before I was born :-|

      My knowledge of 'modern' music sucks - anything beyond early 2000s I'm lost unless it's kinda rock like Jack White/Muse/Foo Fighers or similar!

      Delete
    3. Ah, I see. I like rock too, but maybe more 70 and 80s than 60s. I even went to a Deep Purple concert with my dad once :D

      Delete
  5. hehe, it's not so bad =))) I really like the gradient!

    ReplyDelete