Saturday, November 29, 2014

CrowsToes ~ One Trick Pony



CrowsToes ~ One Trick Pony
Purple to green duochromatic linear holographic

One Trick Pony is from the One Mad, Crazy Summer collection from summer 2013. That means it’s been sitting in my box of untrieds for over a year. I’ll tell you more about that later.

But first: The formula is good, and the polish applies easily. It covers well in two coats and the drying time between the coats is good. No bad things to report at all.

Here’s what the polish looks like. Two coats, no topcoat, picture taken with flash:


It looks pretty cool, don’t you think? Here’s another shot:


I also took a picture in ordinary daylight. I wasn’t able to capture the colour shift – and to be honest it wasn’t that obvious in real life either.


It looks sooo nice on pictures, but I’ll be honest with you: I wasn’t really that impressed with it once it was on. I decided to spice it up with glitter dots. I used a green glitter from Essence from the Effect collection. It’s called Party in a Bottle and I made three dots on each nail. I sealed it up with topcoat, and here’s my final mani:


And here’s a low light picture.


Meh.


Number of coats: 2
Drying time: Fast
Finish: holographic duochrome
Overall impression: The idea of a duochromatic holographic is great but I think the two colours are a bit dull.
Buy again: No

14 comments:

  1. It's sitting in my untrieds as well, it soon will land on my nails - so it will be interesting what I think of it, it looks soo cool in the bottle!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm looking forward to hearing what you think of it :)

      Delete
  2. <3 this one speaks to me! Love that intense color!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's an interesting nail polish and I like it with the dots :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I prefer it with the dots, to be honest :)

      Delete
  4. Beautiful! I think you wear colours like this really well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like the crows toes polish but I think I like the essence polish more! They look great together.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow what a gorgeous purple polish - love it :-D Looks so good with the Essence too :-)

    ReplyDelete