Sunday, November 2, 2014

Pahlish ~ ? (Mystery Polish)



Pahlish ~ ? (Mystery Polish)
Cornflower blue crelly with turquoise glitter

I am such a sucker for surprises, and since I love Pahlish polishes, I often add one of the mystery polishes to the cart when I shop anyway. That’s also how this beauty ended up in my neck of the woods.

The formula is good and easy to apply. I was almost satisfied after two coats, but I could see a couple of places that I knew I wouldn’t be happy with in the pictures, so I applied a third coat to make absolute sure. The drying time between the coats is good.

Here’s how it looks – three coats and no topcoat:


I didn’t fish for the glitter and I’m not sure it would have helped if I did, because there aren’t that many of them in the bottle.


I want my glitters in many ways, but there’s one way I don’t want them and that invisible. So I added glittah myself! :D I used Pipe Dream Polish “Be My Flamingo”, which is a pink glitter I showed you in this post. I finished the whole thing off with a layer of topcoat. And girl, it looks absolutely fabulous over the cornflower blue! Take a look:


Now that’s more like it. In yer face-glittah!


I can definitely recommend Pahlish’s mystery polishes. Yes, I have had a couple that I wasn’t the hugest fan of too, but it’s usually easy to find good, loving homes for them.


Number of coats: 3
Drying time: Fast
Finish: Crelly with sparse glitter
Overall impression: I like the colour but I want more glittah!
Buy again: Probably not

16 comments:

  1. Outstanding hue. I think I'd need more glitter in this one too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OHHHH - gaaaah *envious* - it's gorgeous, it's just my kind of blue, and I like the sparse glitters <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew you'd love this one! I was thinking of you when I put it on :D

      Delete
  3. I love the in your face version but I really like the 'bare' polish as well! :D Lovely shade... I've never heard of Pahlish before though, should check it out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The "bare" polish would look amazing in the sun on a hot day :D
      And yes, I definitely recommend that you check it out :)

      Delete
  4. The glitter is so cute over the bright blue!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That color is stunning!! I love how you've added the red glitter! Be My Flamingo looks gorgeous over that blue :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Be My Flamingo is a glitter gem, it looks great over many colours :)

      Delete
  6. I love the cornflower blue in combination with the fushia glitter. Its a pity the aqua glitter doesn't show up because it would have looked really sweet together. Maybe they should have made it a fraction less opaque then you would have been able to see it. Nice mani anyway.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I must admit that I think it's a shame that there's so little of the aqua glitter in the polish - I might would have worn it on its own that way! :) thank you :)

      Delete
  7. Now this one is really pretty and I like it with the glitter too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very beautiful color! And looks so awesome with glitter! :)

    ReplyDelete