Friday, November 7, 2014

Too Fancy Lacquer ~ Starry Eyes



Too Fancy Lacquer ~ Starry Eyes
Turquoise linear holo

Starry Eyes is a lovely turquoise! The formula is good and the polish is easy to work with. I used two coats for full opacity and the drying time between the coats is good. The polish seemed to thicken up as I polished, so it might need a bit of thinner next time I use it. That’s just a minor thing.

Here’s what the prettiness looks like. Two coats, no topcoat, picture taken with flash:


I love the colour, it’s gorgeous!


The rainbows could be more prominent but I like it nonetheless!



Q: What makes a holographic polish look even better?

A: Glitter

So I added glitter. I used a turquoise glitter from El Corazón’s Confetti collection. It’s number 503a. I taped my nails and painted a layer of glitter on the tips. When that was dry I made small dots across the “line” with Love & Beauty’s Sand Lacquer called “Blue Jewel”. I finished my mani with a layer of topcoat.

Here’s the whole thing with flash:


And here’s a low light picture.



 The pretty sisters: 


Number of coats: 2
Drying time: Good
Finish: Linear metallic holo
Overall impression: It’s a pretty colour and I like the rainbows. The polish is definitely prettier in the sunshine than out of it.
Buy again: Yes

I bought the Too Fancy Lacquer in Edgy Polish’s webshop right here.

16 comments:

  1. That's a lovely holo! I love the glitter addition :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I thought it would be cool to mix holo and glitter :)

      Delete
  2. I like Too Fancy Lacquers a lot and this one is no exception. Nice pick of colours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I think I should wear them more often though :)

      Delete
  3. I think I might need this one - I have been reluctant, but it's gorgeous - alone and with glitter LOL
    I think many of the TFL's thicken a bit while polishing, not in the bad way, but they seem to be OK when you open them again later....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This would look so cool on you, so hesitate no more! :D
      It's true, they do. So you don't add thinner the second time around? :)

      Delete
  4. The glitter tips are so cute! I like such bright turquoise colors for summer a lot! But the cool color is also nice for winter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I try to wear whatever I feel like all year 'round. Although I do turn towards darker colours in the winter :)

      Delete
  5. Yay holo and glittah! Sooooo pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a really nice blue holo and I like the final result - nice additions :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely holo and I like how you "tarted it up". :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. that's what i'm talking about!!! gorgeous holo, and you're right, even better with glitter =)

    ReplyDelete