Monday, December 8, 2014

OPI ~ DS Lapis (in this post: AKA Captain America)



OPI ~ DS Lapis (in this post: AKA Captain America)
Blue base with silver micro glitter, matte and textured finish

There is absolutely no fair reason for this polish to sit in my box of untrieds for almost a year. It’s absolutely beautiful, and I bought it at the same time as I bought DS Pewter, that I showed you yesterday.

The formula is fantastic and so good to work with. The polish is almost self applying! The drying time is really good too and two coats is what it takes to make this look its best.

I’m so pleased to show you this polish, it’s gorgeous!



I took so many picture of this, but I’m only going to show you two, where the polish is on its own.



I did some really cool nail art on it! I intended to do a tape mani but I changed my mind last minute. I blinged it up instead! I used two polishes from Morgan Taylor: Fame Game, which is a silver hologlitter, and Deck the Halls, which is a red jelly with red and silver glitter. I painted my nails alternating the two colours, applied a layer of topcoat, and here’s my final mani:


Is that cool or what? I love it!

 

And then the sun came out for a few minutes, so I snapped a single picture while it was still there, just to show you the bling.


Here are the three pretties together:


And here’s what the mani reminded me of; Captain America’s shield!



Oh yeah baby, I’m proud of this! I hope you like it too!


Number of coats: 2
Drying time: Fast
Finish: Semi matte texture
Overall impression: I love this polish, I think it’s amazing in every way. I would even wear it matte!!
Buy again: Yes

18 comments:

  1. Lovely nail art. The Lapis caught my attention earlier and I was thinking if to buy it or not, because it was very expensive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's very expensive here too, so I bought it online, where it's less than half price of what they cost here :)

      Delete
  2. Wooohooo that last photo where you really see the sparkle of all the polishes is amazing - cool mani!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, I'm so happy to hear you like it :)

      Delete
  3. It's a really pretty polish. Looks good :-)

    I like the Cap theme too :-D I've been obsessively watching Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. and have gone back to watch the other Marvel films in order. Just watched Thor so will watch CA soon. I've developed a little crush for Agent Coulson too *blushes* - husband was laughing when I told him *blushes* ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha, you're soooo cute! Just tell your hubby to watch out! :D *laughs*

      Delete
  4. Woo boo sunshine and rainbows and sparkles... I love it! DS Lapis is lovely and your Captain America mani is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I looooove sunshine and was super pleased to catch just a glimpse of it!
      Thank you SO much! <3

      Delete
  5. I think the mani is pretty spot on!! Love it! and the movies!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, the Captain is here! Love that design! And the polish, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The OPI shade is soooo pretty! And I love your nail art :) I haven't been on your blog in a while because I forgot to follow you on Bloglovin' and I never really check the GFC updates anymore :o So that's why I'm commenting a little late

    ReplyDelete