Monday, February 16, 2015

Debby ~ 74



Debby ~ 74
- with friends in an experiment

Today I start out with another polish my boyfriend bought for me for Christmas: Debby. It has no name but it’s number 74 and it’s a shimmery green. I guess I might keep him after all ;)

The formula is good and the polish is easy to apply. It’s a little bit sheer so I did use three coats for full opacity. The drying time is good, so I forgive the three coats, haha.

Here’s how pretty it is:


I added glitter: China Glaze’s Pine-ing for Glitter from the Twinkle Holiday collection from Christmas 2014. I think it’s meant to be a topper. I applied two coats over the green Debby. Pine-ing for Glitter has a teal side, so it’s doesn’t quite fit the green Debby. I thought it was easy to apply but I can see on the pictures that I applied more glitter on some nails than I did on others, which implies that the polish isn’t as cooperative as I thought it was. Anyway – on this next picture I’m wearing seven layers of polish: Basecoat, 3 layers of Debby, 2 layers of China Glaze and one layer of topcoat:


Then I moved on to OPI’s My Voice is a little Norse. It’s from the Nordic collection from Autumn 2014, and it’s a light grey base with silver/holo glitter. This is the only polish I bought from that collection and I only bought it because it was on special. I think the entire collection has been ridiculously named and I am quite disappointed in the colour choices too. Seriously: Does OPI really think that Brown is the main visible/fashion colour in the Nordic countries? A little more research or indeed imagination would have been nice, thank you!

Anyway – I applied a layer of the glitter over the rest of it, and now we’re on eight layers!


The glitter made it all come more together, I think it’s because of the light grey base.

Then it was time to fold laundry and that didn’t correspond very well with not entirely dry nails. *sigh*

Anyway – I’m happy with all these three polishes, but I like Debby the best!

16 comments:

  1. Great color and combination with the glitter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how it looks combined together, great base colour.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Debby is almost like it's glowing - the glitter kind of kills it...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, but sometimes it's cool to experiment with layering :)

      Delete
  4. I agree with Maria. I like it better too, just the first two polish layering!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That first green is pretty amazing on its own, isn't it :)

      Delete
  5. I like the hulk shimmery green :) Wow, so many coats! I can imagine they needed quite a while to dry...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not really, except for the last one. I did let them dry completely between each coat, that helps :)

      Delete
  6. Good choice from your boyfriend. It's a gorgeous green. It looks really nice with the glitters too :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) And yes, he does pick some pretty good polishes :D

      Delete
  7. Lovely green shimmer! :)

    ReplyDelete