Thursday, March 5, 2015

A2Z Challenge: Q is for Quirky


 I had big problems figuring out what to do for my Quirky mani. To be honest I wasn’t quite sure what quirky means, and looking up the precise meaning didn’t actually help.

So I just went with my instinct: Oddness. I wanted to make something I hadn’t done before in a way that I won’t do it again. How’s that? :D

Here’s my quirky mani:


What I did? I applied two coats of dark blue: Rimmel “Go Cobalt”. Then I painted a line of slow drying topcoat down the middle of each nail and spread nail glitter onto it. The nail glitter is from Isadora, has number 91 and is called Pink Pop. When that was dry I made six dots on each nail with Picture Polish’s Tease.


I topcoated my pinkie, but I didn’t like the look of it topcoated, so I left it at that.


That’s my quirky nails for you. What would you have done if you had been given this challenge? What does quirky nails mean to you?


The challenge next week is Redo/Reboot/Recycle. Let’s see what I can come up with.

You should also check out what these super cool girls did – I can’t wait to see it myself:


22 comments:

  1. Interesting mani! No idea what I'd do... maybe some weird paintings?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought about this challenge for a long time, and this is the best I came up with. I seriously don't know what it means :D

      Delete
  2. LOL I like the colors combined, but the way definitely is quirky ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I can't say it's a favourite mani of mine, but maybe it is quirky...;-) I really don't know what I would've done....;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nah, it's hard, isn't it! I mean quirky... quirky? :D Too difficult! :D

      Delete
  4. Definitely quirk, and nice colour combo :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. There is something very extraterrestrial about this :D EMBRACE THE QUIRKY! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha, it looks like a quirky manicure :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Interesting design! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Quirky but still a gorgeous look!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I's say that you fitted perfectly in the meaning of quirky, very interesting mani :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a cool mani, I really like it :-)

    ReplyDelete