Monday, March 2, 2015

Ellagee ~ Ella-mentary Love (Ella-mental Love)



Ellagee ~ Ella-mentary Love (Ella-mental Love)
Cherry red linear holo with purple micro-flakies

Yesterday I showed you Ella-Gance which is one of two Facebook customs. I chose red with purple glitter or flecks, and Ella-mentary Love is with flakies. They are micro-flakies so they actually make the polish look red-violet. I don’t mind that at all.

The reason there are two names in the title is because the name of the polish is Ella-mentary Love, but Laura (the maker of Ellagee polishes) made a mistake and accidentally named the first batch Ella-mental Love, and my bottle is from the first batch. So there you have it: Ella-mental Love. I like that name even better than Ella-mentary Love :D

It’s a jelly like its sister and this one is also sheer.
Three coats is what it takes and it dries fast.

Here’s three coats and no topcoat taken with flash:


I like this colour even though it doesn’t show up as red.


I have to be honest though: I can’t really see the micro-flakies, not even when I turn off the flash, like here.


I added flakies myself :D I applied a layer of Maybelline’s Ruby Rays from their series of Colorame topcoats. It is a really pretty deep orange to green flakie in an orange tinted base. Here’s my final mani:


Aren’t those flakies just gorgeous?



The verdict:
It’s a pretty red-violet polish but I’m sorry that I’m not wowed by it.


Which name do you prefer – Ella-mentary Love or Ella-mental Love?

Ella-mentary Love is a Facebook custom and is no longer available.


Number of coats: 3
Drying time: Good
Finish: Jelly holo with micro-flakies
Overall impression: It’s a nice red-violet colour.
Buy again: No

18 comments:

  1. I'm no fan of jelly holos, I don't see the point of another coat LOL
    It's pretty but also not wow'ing me - I prefer the name Ella-mentary Love!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, I really like to keep it at two coats myself :)

      Delete
  2. Beautiful combo! I love those flakies :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like it with the flash! and I have these flakies, they are great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet! Especially with the flakies!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Suits well together. Not overwhelming but complimenting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Replies
    1. They are! I should dig out some of my other old flakies :)

      Delete
  7. This is really pretty and I like that topper :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful colour and the name is so cute <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. well I think it's awesome even though you weren't wowed! ;)

    ReplyDelete