Friday, April 3, 2015

Cosmetic Arts, El Corazón and Orly



Cosmetic Arts, El Corazón and Orly
- in a fun dotticure

I was in the mood for a dotticure so I open the infamous box of untrieds and dug out a couple of polishes that I thought would look nice together.

First I applied two coats of a no name polish from Cosmetic Arts. It’s a deep purple shimmer which has a colour changing effect: In certain angles you can see a very dark green. Sweet as!

The formula is thin but not difficult to work with. I was afraid it was going to flood my cuticles, but it didn’t. The first coat went on really streaky and uneven, but magically the second coat went on like a dream, covering up all irregularities. The drying time is good.

Here’s what it looks like:


I think it looks fantastic, also bearing in mind that this bottle originally cost $2! I bought it in a blog sale, so I didn’t even pay that much!


Then I grabbed an El Corazón that I got in a swap ages ago. It’s baby pink with tiny little black dots; it’s called Dotty Girl and has number 423/85. It’s been sitting in the box ever since I got it, because baby pink isn’t my first choice of colour. I wanted to cheer up the deep purple though and for that purpose it’s just perfect.

I made a series of dots down the middle of each nail like this:


Then it was time for a bit of glittah! I got my old faithful “Shine on crazy Diamond” from Orly. It’s a clear base with holo micro glitter and it’s perfect for manis like this. I applied one coat and then a layer of topcoat. Here’s my final mani:


I really like the way the glitter completes this.


That’s my dotticure of the day :)

16 comments:

  1. You created such a sweet dotticure with added bling, very pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This Orly is so pretty! And not only Orly, the purple too - nice dots!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that Orly. It smells odd though, I suspect the previous owner might have added some weird thinner to it or something :)

      Delete
  3. Love it with the holo glitter on top! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The glitter almost always does something good for a mani :)

      Delete
  4. Such a cool manicure and great colours. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this combination of colours!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a cute dotticure, love it <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great mani. All the polishes look great and wonderful together :-D

    ReplyDelete