Saturday, May 9, 2015

Bear Pawlish ~ Divine Wine



Bear Pawlish ~ Divine Wine
Deep red linear holo

I really enjoy wearing red and especially dark reds. When Divine Wine showed up in a swap I was thrilled – it’s absolutely fabulous.

The formula is good and I used two coats for my mani. The drying time between the coats is good. I have a bit of a struggle with Bear Pawlish’s brushes, but I’ll get back to that at the end of the post.

Take a look at two coats and no topcoat:


Pretty, yes?


Here’s a low light picture. I still love the colour!


I applied glitter over it. I used an old NYX called Spot Light, it’s NGP168. Silver/holo glitter in a clear base. It’s been a while since I used this, so why not today.

Here’s one coats of Spot Light over Divine Wine – topped with a layer of topcoat.


I like the look of this!!


Let me get back to the brushes. They’re short and a little bit stiff. I must admit that I struggle a bit with them because I find them a bit difficult to control. Last time I convinced myself that they were easier to control, but they aren’t. Not for me anyway.
Here’s what the brush looks like:


Oh well. The polish is a beauty. That’s what counts! :)

Number of coats: 2
Drying time: Good
Finish: Linear holo
Overall impression: Great colour! I had hoped for a stronger holo effect.
Buy again: Yes

19 comments:

  1. It's one of my favorite reds from BP - I love the brushes, I never noticed that they are short or stiff, but then again, I love tinier brushes rather than the wide beaver-tail ones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm yes, good point. I will try out the last couple of BP's I've got and see if that's the same :)

      Delete
  2. Great holo and a lovely topper. I do like red holos a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is indeed a "Divine" shade and what a lovely finish!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a pretty holographic red! I prefer it without the glittery topcoat =)
    Kisses
    Marghe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most people probably do, but I have this thing for glitter :D

      Delete
  5. I love red polishes too! This look really lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very beautiful alone and with glitters! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely gorgeous, especially with the glitter on top!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning red and I love that glitter topper :-D

    ReplyDelete