Sunday, July 12, 2015

Too Fancy Lacquer ~ A Currant Affair



Too Fancy Lacquer ~ A Currant Affair
Reddened plum linear holo

Yesterday I showed you The Shrinking Violet, which is from the Viola Trio from January 2014. Today I’m going to show you another polish from that trio, namely A Currant Affair. The last polish in that series is Prima Donna, but that wasn’t really a polish for me, so I didn’t buy it.

Back to A Currant Affair: The formula is good and really easy to work with. Two easy coats is what I used for this mani, and the drying time between the coats is good.

Here’s two coats and no topcoat in the sun:


I love these rainbows!


Here’s a low light picture. The colour is still nice and the rainbows struggle to sparkle :D


I added glittah! I used Dragon in Drag from CrowsToes. It’s a clear base packed with green and purple glitter and I love it! I sponged some of it onto the base of my nails and topped the whole thing with a layer of topcoat.

Here’s my final mani in the sun:


And here’s a flash picture for you:


I love this even though the glitter got a little overwhelming! Holo + glitter = love!


Number of coats: 2
Drying time: Fast
Durability: Good
Finish: Linear holo
Overall impression: I love this polish. The quality is nice, the rainbows so pretty.
Buy again: Yes


12 comments: