Saturday, July 11, 2015

Too Fancy Lacquer ~ The Shrinking Violet



Too Fancy Lacquer ~ The Shrinking Violet
Periwinkle linear holo

The Shrinking Violet is from the Viola Trio from January 2014. The other two polishes in the trio is Prima Donna, which is silvery lavender – I don’t have that one. The third one is A Currant Affair, which is Plum linear holo – I have that one in the box of untrieds.

But anyway, back to The Shrinking Violet. I was in the mood for something else than red and purple, and this polish caught my attention. It’s not a colour I wear a lot, maybe because I don’t actually own that many of them.

The formula is good, and it’s almost a one coater, I like that. I did however use two coats for my mani, and the drying time was good.  The holo effect isn’t as much “in your face” as I like them to be, but never mind – it’s a pretty colour.

Take a look at two coats and no topcoat in flashlight:


Here what it looks like in low lights. I like that it’s not greyed.


I made dots on it with another Too Fancy, namely Orchid of 2014 and White from NailNation 3000. I showed you Orchid of 2014 in this post last summer.
When that was dry I applied a layer of sparkling holo topcoat from El Corazón: No. 421h/25. It’s the kind of topcoat that can spice up any mani,  so it’s not the last time you’ve seen it on my blog.

Here’s my final mani taken with flash:


I like it a lot! 


Here are the polishes I used: 


Ahh, it’s been a while since I made this sort of dotticure, and I’m not disappointed. I think the two colours and the white look great together, and I love the topper from El Corazón!

Number of coats: 2
Drying time: Fast
Durability: Good
Finish: Linar holo
Overall impression: Nice colour, discrete rainbows, good quality
Buy again: Yes

8 comments:

  1. I like what you created here, fun and happy to look at - that El Corazon TC is really super nice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, it's nice to hear you like it. And yes, that topper is a gem!

      Delete
  2. Good colour and lovely mani :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, what a lovely color! And almost a one-coater,too!

    ReplyDelete