Sunday, August 30, 2015

LynBDesigns ~ Thirsty and Slay



LynBDesigns ~ Thirsty and Slay
Neon Orange and Neon Coral

I received these two beauties last time I got a package from my sweet friend in the US, Carolyn. I thought they’d look good together in a gradient.

Let me start out by showing you how it all ended up:



I started out with a layer of Thirsty. It covered surprising well for a jelly; I reckon that it’s a two coater on its own. Then I sponged both colours on in the gradient you see on the pictures. Slay is originally coral, but along with the orange background it turned into a darker and very lovely orange. I applied topcoat to make the colours come together, which they did beautifully!


The stamp is from the stamping plate BM-620 from BundleMonster. I stamped with NailNation 3000’s Black. 


The neon pretties:


I made a big mistake today. I thought I was clever – that’s often how big mistakes start, isn’t it. When I did my gradient I had masked my cuticles with liquid latex. I thought that it would be really clever to leave it on until the stamping was done, so I could remove all the access polish in one go. It was a really bad idea! I know now that it’s clever to remove the latex while the polish is still wet. If you remove it after the polish is dry, you will pull of some of the polish as well, boo!

But never mind: Now I know and I still love the final result!


Number of coats: 2 (I think)
Drying time: Good
Finish: Neon jellies
Overall impression: Cool colours!
Buy again: Yes

25 comments:

  1. They do indeed look pretty together in a gradient - beautiful mani!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great mani :) Pretty gradient and I like this pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh you clever thing I read the headline and thought neon coral yuck! But they really do look incredible together. And I love stamping over a gradient. As for the latex thing well live and learn. And the awesome thing is now I'll never make that mistake and it sound like the sort of thing I'd do so thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha, I don't blame you for thinking yuck!! But I was so pleasantly surprised over this, also how well they blended together.
      And yes, this whole polish thing is a learning experience :)

      Delete
  4. Two nice colours and a cute mani :-D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh this design is so romantic
    xx

    www.sakuranko.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ficou muito alegre a combinação.
    Gostei


    Bjim ...
    blog Usei Hoje

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great color combination and a stunning final outcome!

    ReplyDelete