Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Ooh La Lacquer ~ Dark Paradise



Ooh La Lacquer ~ Dark Paradise
Blueish grey strong linear holo

Today I’ll show you what I’m talking about when I say “strong linear holo”. Ooh La Lacquer makes some really good ones.

The colour of Dark Paradise is hard to describe. It’s grey but it’s also blue – and the rainbows makes it so hard to determine the true colour.

The formula is good and I used two coats for my mani. The drying time was good.

This is two coats in the sun:


Look at that! Rainbows and glittery goodness all over the shop. That’s the way I like it! :D

This picture is taken in daylight, no sun. I think it’s blue and grey, what do you think?


Then I stamped on it. But before I did that I wanted to mask my cuticles with liquid latex. Unfortunately I took the wrong bottle, so I smeared white stamping polishes around two nails before I realized my mistake. Dork City! Argh! :D The bottles are quite similar, so now I’ve marked the liquid latex-bottle with purple on the lid so I don’t make that mistake again!

Anyway, I redid those two nails and waited impatiently for them to dry so I could stamp on them. Motif is from Chez Delaney’s stamping plate “Rectangles A005” and I stamped with El Corazón’s stamping polishes Fuchsia and White (yes, the one that had been on the cuticles!)

This is the final mani including topcoat:


I cannot lie: I love this!

Number of coats: 2
Drying time: Really good
Finish: Strong linear holo
Overall impression: Great rainbows, good formula.
Buy again: Yes

13 comments:

  1. Lovely stamping that fits! I like the holo too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely stamping that fits! I like the holo too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty the final manicure! I like the stamping! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great holo effect and I like the stamped pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Certainly is a stunning holo <3 Love mani too :-D

    ReplyDelete
  6. It really is more grey that blue I think, but what a lovely rainbow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I often have problems describing Ooh La Lacquer's colours because the rainbows are so strong :D

      Delete