Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Miss Sporty ~ Funtasy 030



Miss Sporty ~ Funtasy 030
Magenta with holo sprinkles

Today’s mani is made with nail vinyls. Not the cheap kind from Aliexpress or Evilbay, but more expensive ones – which I thought was a better quality. I mean – you do pay the extra buck for something other than just the design, right?

Let me tell you: I had a struggle with the vinyls. I picked a design with many lines in it and I had to pick out each line manually with a tweezer! That was a lot of work, and I’m usually not willing to work that hard to get pretty nails. The material (the vinyl) seemed to be of a better quality than the ones I’ve bought cheap from China: I only manage to ruin one vinyl despite all my struggles, so I guess that’s a plus. I love the design of the vinyl but dang, that was just too hard.

I used Miss Sporty Funtasy 030 as my base colour, and I sponged silver and purple over it. The silver it Color Club’s Harp on It, and the purple is Colors by Llarowe’s stamping polish Lilac Petals.

Here’s my final mani in the sun, including a layer of topcoat:


Here’s the same thing taken in ordinary daylight. I really like the gradient I created on top of the magenta.


Here’s Miss Sporty on its own. It’s two easy coats, and the drying time is average. It’s a really lovely drugstore polish, I like it.


These are the three polishes I used.


I really like this mani but I must admit that I was not completely thrilled over the vinyls. Perhaps I just chose the most difficult design. I’ll try a less complicated one next time for sure :D


Number of coats: 2
Drying time: Average
Finish: Polish with holo sprinkles
Overall impression: What a great base polish, I like it.
Buy again: Yes

10 comments: