Friday, October 13, 2017

China Glaze ~ Summer Reign



China Glaze ~ Summer Reign
Varm purple matte with shimmer

Summer Reign is from the Summer Reign collection 2017, just like I Truly Azure You I showed you yesterday. There’s a link to that one by the end of this post – just in case you missed it.

The formula is a little bit tricky. The polish dries fast so it’s the kind of polish you want to apply with as few strokes as possible. That made me wish that China Glaze will start sticking wider brushes in their polishes in future!

Anyway, it’s actually not as bad as it sounds. I used two coats for my mani and the drying time was really good.

I originally had plans to add glitter but I changed my mind last minute and added dots instead. I used Color Club’s “Peace, Love & Polish”, a gorgeous neon pink coral with a strong gold shimmer throughout. It’s from the Poptastic collection from Summer 2014.

This is how it all turned out, including topcoat.


The pictures are taken in the sunshine. It was the only way I could make them colour correct.


Here’s two coats of Summer Reign on its own – no topcoat. It is a super pretty colour!


This is the two pretty sisters side by side.


It feels really good to dig out some of the oldies, but goodies and use them for nail art! And I won’t lie: I love this manicure!



Number of coats: 2
Drying time: Really good
Finish: Matte with shimmer
Overall impression: Great colour, a bit tricky formula but manageable
Buy again: Yes

10 comments:

  1. Beautiful bright colors! If you like you can participate on my blog to a BPS giveaway.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a marvellous manicure, I like a lot the colour combination! Have a serene Friday!♡

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, I hope you've had a great weekend :)

      Delete
  3. Wow I love this colour! It really reminded me of China Glaze's 'flying dragon'! I agree with you though, China Glaze was one of my first fave brands but now when I use them I notice the brush size too, especially on my chunky thumb nail!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's true, it also made me think of Flying Dragon!!
      I have got use to the wider brushes now, so they seem so tiny :D

      Delete
  4. It's such a nice bright purple! And of course even more bright with the dots! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just love it, both with and without the dots. I want summer to come back :D

      Delete