Wednesday, March 14, 2018

Born Pretty Store Holo ~ Wine Malaga



Born Pretty Store Holo ~ Wine Malaga
Orange red scattered holo

Today’s polish is odd in several ways: The formula is really weird and I couldn’t apply the polish evenly. Sometimes it helps applying a second coat, but it didn’t with this polish. So I ended up with an uneven application of polish. At least the drying time was good!

Then I stamped on it. I chose a design with hearts that I have used before. It’s from the stamping plate from Born Pretty Store “BP-L013”. I used a gold stamping polish from El Corazón called “Fragrant Mimosa”.

I realised that “Wine Malaga” is a bleeder when I started topcoating it. Usually when a polish bleeds, it bleeds evenly – tinting the stamping polish. But “Wine Malaga” also bleeds unevenly. I decided to leave one nail without topcoat to show how huge a difference the topcoat made.

Here’s the final manicure. Two coats of “Wine Malaga”, a stamp and topcoat on all nails  except for the ring finger nail. Take a look at this photo taken with flash.

Born Pretty Store Holo ~ Wine Malaga

Then I topcoated the last nail too, and this picture shows how unevenly the base polish bleeds.

Born Pretty Store Holo ~ Wine Malaga

This is the same thing, just taken in ordinary daylight. It’s quite an interesting effect but it’s just not very even.

Born Pretty Store Holo ~ Wine Malaga

Here’s “Wine Malaga” alone, two coats and no topcoat. You can probably tell how uneven this is.

Born Pretty Store Holo ~ Wine Malaga

These are the things I used for today’s nails.


I ended up quite liking this manicure but I am quite puzzled over the formula and how this polish reacts to topcoat. It’s the first BPS polish I have that behaves this weirdly. I bought two other polishes from this collection and I’m curious to see if they behave just as bad. I’ll try one of them tomorrow, so stay tuned for that experience.


Number of coats: 2
Drying time: Good
Finish: Scattered holo
Overall impression: I’m not impressed with this polish; I’m puzzled.
Buy again: No

4 comments:

  1. Ah Ah you're puzzled ;) to be sincere I like how the 2 nail polish coexist in this manicure!
    Hav3 a relaxing evening!
    Smuack

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it ended up looking quite interesting :D
      Mmwah! ♥

      Delete
  2. What a shame about your beautiful stamping! The polish is pretty but it does sound like a real pain to work with. I always use top coat before I stamp, then at least I only have to worry about the stamping polish bleading:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hardly ever do that, mostly because I usually don't mind if the base colour bleeds. But this was a little much :D

      Delete