Tuesday, March 6, 2018

OPI ~ Fiercely Fiona



OPI ~ Fiercely Fiona
Lemon yellow crème with a green cast

Fiercely Fiona is from the “Shrek Forever After” collection from May 2010. This is the second bottle I own of this polish, but it’s the first time I actually wear it.

I received my first bottle of this in a swap in 2012. I had it in the box for a while until a dear friend eyed it. Apparently I didn’t have the rule back then about always at least swatching a polish before letting other girls adopt it, so it left my stash without me having actually tried it on. Fast forward to now: I found it again, ridiculously cheap in a blog sale and decided to try and own it again – and to actually wear it this time :D

The formula is on the thin side and this yellow is a diva like its yellow sisters often are. The first two coats came on streaky, and the third coat did the trick. I applied a layer of topcoat to even out the little irregularities.

The stickers I used is from Essence. They don’t seem thick at all, but the edges are very visible, even under another layer of polish; this time it was El Corazón’s holo flakie topper 421h/25.

Here’s my final manicure.

OPI ~ Fiercely Fiona

This is Fiercely Fiona on its own; it’s three coats and a layer of topcoat. I don’t know why yellow polishes are almost always misbehaving!

OPI ~ Fiercely Fiona

This is the stuff I used for my nails today.


Does Fiercely Fiona get to stay in the stash this time? I’m not sure. I think the colour is pretty unique, but one diva in this house is plenty, haha! :D


Number of coats: 3
Drying time: Good
Finish: Crème, a bit sheer
Overall impression: Thin, streaky formula, but unique colour
Buy again: I think twice is enough! :D

2 comments:

  1. I actually like the colour and that's kind of great since I bought it this weekend:) Are you aware of Swedish Rusta? They sometimes have really cheap make up for sale and right now they sell OPI for 20 swedish crown a bottle:) your nail art is also really pretty btw, it makes me think of spring and easter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, I don't know Rusta. Do they have one in Malmö?
      If not, perhaps you could be my OPI pusher :D

      Delete